Sunday, July 1, 2007

Speechless (2) ...


Anirban : Ciao, Vicenta !

Vicenta : Ciao, Anirban. How do you do ?

Anirban : Too bad. Everybody is going home in summer.

Vicenta : Come on. You are also enjoying a lot these days.

Anirban : Yeah, that's true. But you know I live in an 'apartment' here. It cannot be a replacement of 'home'. What do you say ?

Vicenta : Humm, yeah that's always true. I'm also looking forward for the end of the course. You know, I am planning to meet my friends at aerodrome and then we will directly go to the Barcelona beach. Wah that will be great fun ! I really miss it.

Anirban : That's kewl. Switz sucks. They don't have beaches here in Switzerland.

Vicenta : You know, I always wanted to stay in my town. I mean, I never thought I'll come this far from my family, my friends.

Anirban : What ??? Hehe, you are such a homesick kid. But, why did you change your plan ?

Vicenta : You wanna listen to that ? Ok . . .

Anirban : Humm. Sure. Carry on.

Vicenta : I had everything planned last year, you know, I was engaged to Jonathan. Everything seemed so perfect. Maybe that's where the problem laid. They say, "If everything falls in place, then you are probably on the wrong lane". And I was on a wrong lane. After finishing my degree in University, I went to a conference in France. I managed to present the paper before the scheduled date. You can imagine, I was so eager to come down to my city. So, I also changed my air ticket. I was too excited that I could spend one day more with my fiance. I hurried through the Airport, actually couldn't wait to see my family. Nobody knew I would be home. I kept it as a surprise. So I took a cab and rushed to my home. I would have taken a shower and gone to my father's office with John. Our marriage was due in 2 months.

Anirban : Wait a minute, I never knew you were married. Also, what do you mean by 'I would have' ? My goodness . . . you are making it really complex.

Vicenta : Nope, I will tell you what happened . . . So where were we ? Yeah, Actually there is nothing much left. I reached my town. I almost flew to my home, entered my room and Bang! John and Sarah were sleeping on my bed. They made love on my bed. I was felling so helpless, you know, oh my god ! Sarah is my first cousin. We had dinner with same fork from the most distant childhood I could remember. I looked at my engagement ring in utter disbelief, Oh, It was so horrible. I wish none of my enemies has to see this day. I was speechless, tears flowing down my cheek. I wanted to curse my luck, but my lips were trembling like a slaughtered chicken. And just then I decided that I have to leave the horrible place, namely 'home'.

Anirban : Oops ! Vicenta, I am sorry. I didn't realize . . .

Vicenta : Don't be. This is life.

No comments: